REGARDING the Mortgage Brokerages, Lenders and Administrators Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c.29 (the “Act”), in particular sections 2, 9, and 35
AND REGARDING Satvir Kaur Brar aka Nikki Brar aka Nikki Perdja (“Brar”)
On June 8, 2011, the Superintendent of Financial Services issued an Interim Compliance Order and a Notice of Proposal to make a permanent compliance order against Brar. The Interim Compliance Order and Notice of Proposal were delivered to Brar on June 16, 2011.
Brar had 15 days after delivery of the Notice to request a hearing before the Financial Services Tribunal (“Tribunal”) in accordance with section 35(4) of the Act.
The Registrar of the Tribunal has confirmed that no request for a hearing has been received from Brar or anyone on her behalf.
Section 35(6) of the Act provides that the Superintendent may carry out the proposal to issue a compliance order when no hearing has been requested.
It is ordered that Satvir Kaur Brar aka Nikki Brar aka Nikki Perdja:
- Cease in Ontario soliciting persons or entities to borrow money on the security of real estate or holding herself out as doing so;
- Cease in Ontario providing information about a prospective borrower to a prospective mortgage lender or holding herself out as doing so;
- Cease in Ontario assessing a prospective borrower on behalf of a prospective mortgage lender or holding herself out as doing so;
- Cease in Ontario negotiating or arranging a mortgage on behalf of another person or entity or holding herself out as doing so;
- Cease in Ontario accepting any fees or funds in connection with the solicitation, negotiation, or arrangement of a mortgage.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, 15th of July, 2011.
Superintendent of Financial Services