Who is Licensed?

FSCO regulates insurance companies, insurance agents and agencies, insurance adjusters, co-operatives, credit unions/caisses populaires, loan and trust companies, Mortgage Brokerages, Administrators, Mortgage Agents, and Mortgage Brokers Registered in Ontario, and pensions. Regulation includes registration or issuing a licence to those who are qualified.


Before purchasing any financial products check to make sure you are dealing with a licensed agent/company:




Co-operative Corporations:


Credit Unions & Caisses Populaires:


Loan & Trust Corporations:


Mortgage Brokering:



Note that information on registered brokers is available by visiting the website for the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) [New Window].


FSCO does not regulate banks, mutual funds or securities. For information on bank regulation please visit the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada [New Window].


For information on securities and mutual funds please visit Ontario Securities Commission [New Window].