In 2012, FSCO selected Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc., through a competitive procurement process to undertake a third party liability bodily injury (BI) closed claim study. BI claims that occurred in the calendar year 2005 and were closed at the time of the study were used.
The purpose of the study was to collect data for actuarial use. The report and accompanying appendices are consequently technical in nature. In undertaking the study, Pinnacle consulted with the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the insurers that participated in the data collection to ensure the validity of the data used.
Pinnacle’s report is as follows:
- Claim Survey Questions Size: ## kb
- Injury Descriptions
- Error Checks Conducted
- Claim Survey Data Summaries Size: ## kb
- GISA Type of Use Codes Size: ## kb
- GISA Statistical Territory Codes Size: ## kb
- Severity by Injury Type Size: ## kb
- Comparison to Osborne Report Size: ## kb