This Bulletin highlights a number of changes and updates to various forms approved by the Superintendent for use in connection with accident benefits claims. These forms have been amended primarily to reflect changes resulting from automobile insurance reforms that are effective June 1, 2016. These new forms are to be used on or after June 1, 2016.
Amendments to these forms are based on filed regulation amendments to the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule-Effective September 1, 2010 and have been made in consultation with various industry representatives.
The following forms have been revised:
- Application for Accident Benefits (OCF-1),
- Employer's Confirmation Form (OCF-2),
- Disability Certificate (OCF-3),
- Treatment and Assessment Plan (OCF-18),
- Auto Insurance Standard Invoice (OCF-21),
- Treatment Confirmation Form (OCF-23), and
- Minor Injury Treatment Discharge Report (OCF-24).
Highlights of Changes
Changes to these forms include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deleted Pre-Approved Framework (PAF) references;
- Added claimant confirmation of direct payment to licensed service providers where applicable;
- Addresses the new "essential" test for other medical and rehabilitation goods and services;
- Amendments to the "Warning – Offences" language to reflect current federal government legislation;
- Amended consent language for consistency.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) expects to release the revised Application for Determination of Catastrophic Impairment (OCF-19), Standard Benefit Statement, and Settlement Disclosure Notice, in February, 2016.
Effective Date of the Forms
The revised forms are to be used on or after June 1, 2016.
How to Obtain the Revised Forms
Copies of the revised forms (OCF-1, OCF-2, OCF-3, OCF-18, OCF-21, OCF-23 and OCF-24) are included as attachments to this Bulletin, and are also available on FSCO's website at: www.fsco.gov.on.ca.
Chief Executive Officer and
Superintendent of Financial Services
January 29, 2016