The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) relies on your contact information for many important communications regarding your obligations under the Mortgage Brokerages, Lenders and Administrators Act, 2006 (MBLAA). To ensure that you receive these communications, please make sure your contact information is up-to-date in Licensing Link.
How to Review and Update Your Contact Information
- Go to Licensing Link.
- On the log in page, enter your last name or licence number, and then click on the "Search" button.
- You should now see a new web page that shows your licence number, name and city. Click on your licence number.
- You should now see your mortgage broker or agent licence profile. Click on the button called "Update contact information (email, address, telephone…)".
- Read the instructions that are provided. Click on the "I agree" button.
- Enter your PIN and click on the "Continue" button.
- Review and update your contact information. Click on the "Save address changes" button.
If You Forgot Your PIN
In step six above, you will need to enter your PIN. If you forgot your PIN, you have two options available on that page to obtain a new one:
- Choose the option "Retrieve Your PIN" and you will be asked to answer the secret question you provided when you first set up your account; or
- Choose the option "Reset Your PIN" and you will be asked to provide some personal information that is currently listed in your licensing profile with FSCO.
Once these steps have been completed, you will be provided a new PIN and will be asked to reset your confidential question and answer.
Future Changes to Your Contact Information
Under section 7 of Ontario Regulation 193/08, you are responsible for providing FSCO your updated contact information no later than five days after the change occurs. If you fail to meet this obligation you may be subject to an administrative monetary penalty.