Form 2: Instructions and Form for an Annual Information Return
- this is a specimen copy of the form used by the pension plan administrator to file an Annual Information Return with the Superintendent for plans with fiscal years ending on and after April 1, 2007. The Annual Information Return is provided each year by FSCO directly to the plan administrator. If the AIR form for any year is lost or misplaced, duplicates are available from FSCO by email
or by calling (416) 226-7776. Submission of photocopies or altered forms is not acceptable.
- Form 2.1: Instructions and Form for a Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate - this is a specimen copy of the form used by the pension plan administrator to file a Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate with the Superintendent. The form for a Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate is provided each year by FSCO directly to the plan administrator. If the PBGF form for any year is lost or misplaced, duplicates are available from FSCO by email or by calling (416) 226-7776. Submission of photocopies or altered forms is not acceptable.
- Form 7: Instructions and Form for Summary of Contributions/Revised Summary of Contributions Size: 71 kb - this form is used by the pension plan administrator to give a Summary of Contributions to a pension fund trustee.
- Form 8: Instructions and Form for Investment Information Summary Size: 490 kb - this form is used by administrators of defined benefit pension plans, other than designated plans, to file an Investment Information Summary with the Superintendent.
- Form 8 in Excel, containing 5 worksheets, is provided to facilitate the completion of the Investment Information Summary.
To use the Excel file, select Save and save the file to your computer first.
- Actuarial Information Summary 2011 Size: 158 kb - updated form is available for immediate use. This Actuarial Information Summary (AIS) has been updated and amended by FSCO in collaboration with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) and the Régie des rentes du Québec. The amended AIS form will become mandatory for pension plans registered with FSCO that contain defined benefits and must be filed in conjunction with any funding valuation reports with filing deadlines of June 30, 2011 and beyond. This form supersedes the form posted in 2010, which will be archived on or about March 31, 2012.
- Request for Superintendent's Approval of Commuted Value Transfers Size: 178 kb - This form is used by the pension plan administrator to obtain the prior approval of the Superintendent before transferring any funds under Sections 42 or 43 of the PBA, in situations where the administrator knows or ought to know that the transfer ratio in the most recently filed valuation report has declined by 10% or more.
- Form 5: Instructions and Form for Applications to Financial Institutions for Access to Locked-in Accounts Size: 320 kb Size: #
– Effective January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 - This form is used by the owner of an Ontario locked-in account (LIRA, LIF, LRIF) to apply to a financial institution to withdraw or transfer money from the account. In general, applications for withdrawal of all or part of the money in an Ontario locked-in account can be made based on one or more of the following criteria:
a life expectancy of two years or less
age 55 or older and the value of fund in all locked-in accounts is less than $20,440
amounts transferred to the locked-in account exceed the federal Income Tax Act limits
- non-resident of Canada and 24 months have passed since your departure from Canada.
- Further details of the requirements are set out in the Instructions for Form 5 and the Application.
Size: 655 kb)Qs & As for FSCO Family Law Form 7