To E-file a SIPP and Form 14:
- Log into the Pension Services Portal (PSP).
- In the top navigation bar, select ‘E-filing’.
- On the ‘Filing Record’ page, select the:
filing (SIPP); and
- Click on 'Start' in the ‘Actions’ column.
- On the ‘Filing Profile’ page, click on ‘Start’.
- Click on 'Open Form 14’ in the ‘Actions’ window and complete the applicable sections of the form. Warning and error messages (if any) will be displayed as you complete the form.
|Once you submit the filing, you cannot make any changes to it. To make correction(s) to a filing that has been submitted, you must make a re-filing request through the PSP. See our instructional video and/or instructions.|
7. Click on ‘Save and Close’.
8. On the ‘Filing Workspace’ page, click ‘Upload SIPP’ in the ‘Actions’ window.
9. On the ‘Attach Document’ page, click on ‘Browse’. Select the PDF file you wish to submit.
10. Click on ‘Save and Close’ to complete the upload process.
11. On the ‘Filing Workspace’ page, click on 'Submit Filing' in the 'Actions' window.
12. On the ‘Submit Filing’ page, click the checkboxes to begin the certification process.
13. Click on ‘Certify & Submit’ to complete the certification and submission process.
Pension Plan Administrators and/or their designated users must accurately complete all relevant sections of the SIPP and submit the filing within the prescribed time period.
A SIPP is not considered to be filed unless it has been completed in full and submitted online, in accordance with these instructions.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario will review the submitted data and respond to compliance issues or other concerns, in accordance with current standards.
To E-file SIPP amendment(s) or re-stated SIPP:
- Log into the PSP.
- In the top navigation bar, select ‘Applications’.
- On the ‘Application Record’ page, click on ‘New Application’.
- On the ‘Application Profile’ page, select the ‘Plan Number’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Request to file SIPP amendment(s) or restated SIPP’ from the ‘Application Type’ drop-down menu.
- If you have a SIPP filing record open, you will see the message: “This application cannot be created as this plan already has an open SIPP”.
- Click on 'E-Filing' from the top navigation bar to complete this filing.
6. Enter the date of the most recent SIPP amendment.
7. Click on ‘Start’.
- If you need to change the date you entered on the previous screen, go to the ‘Actions’ window and click on ‘Edit Profile’.
- You will be presented with the ‘Application Profile’ page. Make the date change.
- Click on the ‘Save and Close’ button and go back to step 4.
8. On the ‘Application Workspace’ page, click on ‘Submit’ in the ‘Actions’ window.
9. Check the certification box and click on ‘Certify & Submit’.
10. You will be returned to the ‘Application Workspace’ page.
After completing the steps above:
- your request will be automatically approved;
- a SIPP filing record will be created instantly; and
- a confirmation email will be sent to you.