Do you have a clear understanding of your obligations regarding plan members’ benefit entitlements when their employment is terminated?
It’s important for you to understand the requirements of the Pension Benefits Act (PBA) and the amendments that came into effect on July 1, 2012. These changes affect plan members’ benefit entitlements when their employment is terminated, and require additional disclosure items in plan members’ annual and termination statements.
As a plan administrator, you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the requirements under the PBA. In addition, you need to ensure that plan members are provided the required information and the benefits they are entitled to receive.
Attend this free webinar to learn:
- What you need to do when a plan member’s employment is terminated
- What are plan members’ rights and entitlements relating to: basic benefits, pension indexation and ancillary benefits (including consent benefits and deemed consent)
- What are grow-in benefits and when are they payable
- What information needs to be included in annual and termination statements
- What information is available on FSCO’s website
- Pension plan administrators and their representatives
- Agents or third party service providers
- Pension consultants and other professionals
Date and Time
- December 4, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. (in English)
- December 6, 2012 from 2 to 3 p.m. (in French)
Register and Learn More
Visit FSCO's website to register or learn more about this upcoming webinar.