The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) recently changed its practice in respect of filing extensions. As a result of legislative changes that became effective January 1, 2014, FSCO will now consider applications for filing extensions up to a maximum of 60 days. FSCO will grant further filing extensions only in exceptional circumstances.
The new maximum period is applicable to the following Pension Services Portal filings:
- Annual Information Return (AIR)
- Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate (PBGF)
- Pension Plan/Fund Financial Statements (FS)
- Investment Information Summary (IIS)
- Actuarial Valuation Report (AVR) and Actuarial Information Summary (AIS) required to be filed under section 14 of Regulation 909
How to Request a Filing Extension
For step-by-step instructions on how to request a filing extension, refer to:
More on Filing Extension Requests
To make an inquiry or comment about the Pension Services Portal, email
or call (416) 590-7177.