Effective October 1, 2014, requests for the following extensions to filing deadlines must be submitted through the Pension Services Portal (PSP):
- Annual Information Return (AIR)
- Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate (PBGF)
- Pension Plan/Fund Financial Statements (FS)
- Investment Information Summary (IIS)
- Actuarial Valuation Report/Actuarial Information Summary (AVR/AIS) that are required to be filed under section 14 of Regulation 909
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) will no longer be accepting these requests in paper format (for example, letter, fax, etc.) or by email. To request a filing extension through the PSP, the Pension Plan Administrator and/or delegated third parties/agents must have activated their PSP account.
How to Request a Filing Extension
Step-by-step instructions on requesting a filing extension through the PSP are available at:
For more information regarding the PSP, see the following resources:
To send us an inquiry or comment about the PSP, contact us by e-mail or call (416) 590-7177.