Pension plan administrators and delegated individuals may request extensions for filing deadlines through the Pension Services Portal (PSP).
By using the PSP’s online application, filing extensions can be requested for all prescribed filings:
- Annual Information Return (AIR);
- Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund Assessment Certificate (PBGF);
- Actuarial Valuation Report (AR) and accompanying Actuarial Information Summary (AIS);
- Pension Plan/Fund Financial Statements (FS); and
- Investment Information Summary (IIS).
While written requests for filing extension can still be made, requests through the PSP generate a more efficient submission process and a faster response time.
How to Request a Filing Extension
Before making a filing request through the PSP
Before a filing extension request can be submitted through the PSP, a pension plan administrator must first activate his/her personal PSP account. Once the PSP account is activated, the administrator may delegate PSP access to other individuals; any of who can then make a filing extension request.
FSCO’s website has instructions and videos on activating a PSP account, logging into the PSP, or delegating access to the PSP.