The new rules relating to the valuation and division of pension assets on breakdown of a spousal relationship come into effect on January 1, 2012. FSCO’s Pension Division plans to hold a webinar on these new rules.
FSCO recommends that you attend this webinar to familiarize yourself with how the process has changed and for information on how you can assist those plan members and spouses who are seeking to have their benefits valued and divided.
Attend this free webinar to know more about:
- A summary of the new rules that come into effect on January 1, 2012.
- An overview of the application process under the new rules.
- The roles and responsibilities of each party - plan member, plan administrator and spouse, in this new process.
- The new Superintendent approved forms that must be used when pension assets are being valued and divided.
- Useful information available to administrators and plan beneficiaries on FSCO’s website
- pension plan administrators and their representatives,
- agents or third party service providers of the plan administrator,
- pension consultants and professionals,
- family law professionals.
Register for one of the following webinar sessions: