IN THE MATTER OF
the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8, as amended (the Act);
AND IN THE MATTER OF a Proposal by the Superintendent of Financial Services to make an Order under subsection 78(4) of the Act consenting to a payment out of the Retirement Plan for Employees of City Welding (Sudbury) Limited (the Plan), Registration Number 0419994.
City Welding (Sudbury) Limited
939 Elisabella Street
Sudbury, ON P3A 5K1
NO NOTICE requiring a hearing was delivered to the Financial Services Tribunal by the Applicant or any other party within the time prescribed by subsection 89(6) of the Act.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED to consent to the payment, out of the Plan, to City Welding (Sudbury) Limited, as at May 31, 2005 in the amount of $13,750.00 plus interest to the date of payment for the following reasons:
- City Welding (Sudbury) Limited is the employer as defined in the Plan.
- As a result of contributions being made to the Plan, as well as to two separate Individual Pension Plan established January 1, 2005 for Georges Brouillette and Gisele Brouillette.
- Evidence of the overpayment to the fund has been submitted to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
- There were no member submissions made about the repayment.
- The application appears to comply with section 78(4) of the Act.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 21st day of April, 2006.
Director, Pension Plans Branch
by Delegated Authority from
the Superintendent of Financial Services