IN THE MATTER OF
the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8, as amended (the Act);
AND IN THE MATTER OF a Proposal by the Superintendent of Financial Services to make an Order under subsection 78(4) of the Act consenting to a payment out of the Pension Plan for Non-Union Employees of General Mills Canada Corporation (the Plan), Registration Number 0291500.
Ms. Nancy Wood
Human Resources Manager
General Mills Canada Corporation
5825 Explorer Drive
Mississauga ON L4W 5P6
NO NOTICE requiring a hearing was delivered to the Financial Services Tribunal by the Applicant or any other party within the time prescribed by subsection 89(6) of the Act.
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED to consent to the payment, out of the Plan, to General Mills Canada Corporation , as at July 28, 2003 in the amount of $115,963.15 plus interest to the date of payment for the following reasons
- General Mills Canada Corporation is the employer as defined in the Plan.
- As a result of an administrative error, a contribution of $115,963.15 was made to the Plan as at July 28, 2003 that should have been made to the Pension Plan for Midland Union Employees of General Mills Canada Corporation, Registration No. 0574491.
- Evidence of the overpayment to the fund has been submitted to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
- There were no member submissions made about the repayment.
- The application appears to comply with section 78(4) of the Act.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 21st day of April, 2006.
Director, Pension Plans Branch
by Delegated Authority from
the Superintendent of Financial Services