IN THE MATTER OF
the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8, as amended (the Act);
AND IN THE MATTER of a Proposal by the Superintendent of Financial Services to make an Order under subsection 78(4) of the Act consenting to a payment out of the Pension Plan for Non-Union Employees of General Mills Canada Corporation (the Plan), Registration Number 0291500.
Ms. Nancy Wood
Human Resources Manager
General Mills Canada Corporation
5825 Explorer Drive
Mississauga ON L4W 5P6
NOTICE OF PROPOSAL
I PROPOSE TO MAKE AN ORDER under s. 78(4) of the Act, consenting to the payment, out of the Plan, to General Mills Canada Corporation, as at July 28, 2003 in the amount of $115,963.15 plus interest to the date of payment for the following reasons and such further reasons that may come to my attention:
- General Mills Canada Corporation is the employer as defined in the Plan.
- As a result of an administrative error, a contribution of $115,963.15 was made to the Plan as at July 28, 2003 that should have been made to the Pension Plan for Midland Union Employees of General Mills Canada Corporation, Registration No. 0574491.
- Evidence of the overpayment to the fund has been submitted to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
- There were no member submissions made about the repayment.
- The application appears to comply with section 78(4) of the Act.
In accordance with subsection 105(1) of the Act, an extension of the time limit under subsection 78(4) has been given.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A HEARING by the Financial Services Tribunal (the Tribunal) pursuant to subsection 89(6) of the Act if, within thirty (30) days after this Notice of Proposal is served on you, you deliver to the Tribunal a written notice that you require a hearing.
Your written notice requiring a hearing must be delivered to:
Financial Services Tribunal
14th Floor, 5160 Yonge Street
North York ON M2N 6L9
Attention: The Registrar
IF YOU DO NOT DELIVER TO THE TRIBUNAL, WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE THIS NOTICE OF PROPOSAL IS SERVED ON YOU, A WRITTEN NOTICE THAT YOU REQUIRE A HEARING, I MAY MAKE THE ORDER PROPOSED HEREIN.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 8th day of March 2006.
K. David Gordon
Deputy Superintendent, Pensions
*NOTE—PURSUANT to section 112 of the Act any notice, order or other document is sufficiently given, served, or delivered if delivered personally or sent by first class mail and any document sent by first class mail shall be deemed to be given, served, or delivered on the seventh day after mailing.