March 10, 2015
TORONTO – On Thursday, March 12 at 11 a.m., students at Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute will be teaming up with community partners in an event called #DontBFooled to educate their peers about protecting themselves online.
The following individuals will speak at the event:
- Chris Ballard, Parliamentary Assistant, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Mark Saunders, Deputy Chief, Toronto Police Service
- Bonnie Levine, Executive Director, Victim Services Toronto
- Gail Regan, Detective, Financial Crimes Unit, Toronto Police Service
- Ralph Palumbo, Vice President Ontario region, Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Michael Rajzman, advisor of Digital Communications to Free the Children
Following the event, select students and Toronto District School Board representatives will be available for media interviews. Media and guests attending the event must adhere to TDSB protocol.
FSCO will also have a booth with fraud prevention resources for consumers.
This event is being jointly coordinated by FSCO and the Toronto Police Service's Financial Crimes Unit.
Those unable to attend in person are encouraged to interact online with participants by following the #DontBFooled hashtag on Twitter starting at 11:00 a.m. eastern time.
Date: Thursday March 12 2015
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Auditorium, Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute, 800 Greenwood Ave., Toronto, Ontario
Senior Manager, Strategic Communications Branch
Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Phone: (416) 590-7167
Detective, Financial Crimes Unit
Toronto Police Service