- How can my business prepare for licensing?
- What is the best way to access up-to-date information about the licensing process?
How can my business prepare for licensing?
It is critical that the individuals overseeing your business know how to prepare for licensing. Start with the steps outlined below:
- Subscribe to our Service Providers eNewsletter
FSCO will update you regularly on the licensing framework and its requirements through a newsletter. Subscribe now to receive all updates directly to your inbox.
- Identify a Principal Representative
The Principal Representative is the individual who will submit the service provider licence application and who will be responsible for ensuring the business complies with the licence requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information within HCAI .
Every facility, branch, or location of a licensed service provider will still need to be registered and in good standing with Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI). Don’t wait! Ensure that information about every practitioner, facility, branch, or location is accurate and up-to-date in HCAI.
- Consult FSCO's Guide to Service Provider Licensing and How to Apply for a Service Provider Licence video.
Before applying, also make sure that your business:
- Has an Ontario mailing address that is suitable for receiving registered mail (not a post office box).
- Has an e-mail address.
- Can provide information about each facility, branch, and location on the licence application.
- Has identified a Principal Representative.
Have the documentation to support your application available at hand. You will need to upload a number of documents to successfully submit your application.
What is the best way to access up-to-date information about the licensing process?
Please ensure you subscribe to our Service Provider eNewsletter so we can keep you up to date.
Back to top