This Bulletin highlights a number of changes and updates to various application, endorsement and related forms that primarily reflect the automobile reforms effective June 1, 2016. These new forms are to be used starting June 1, 2016.
Amendments to these forms are based on filed regulation amendments to the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule-Effective September 1, 2010 and Automobile Insurance (R.R.O. 1990, Reg.664) and have been made in consultation with various industry representatives.
The following forms have been revised:
- OAF 1: Ontario Application for Automobile Insurance Owner's Form,
- OAF 2: Ontario Application for Automobile Insurance Driver's Form,
- Garage Certificate of Insurance – Ontario,
- OAF 4: Ontario Application for Automobile Insurance Garage Form,
- OPCF 21A: Monthly Reporting Basis Fleet,
- OPCF 25A: Alteration,
- OPCF 3: Drive Government Automobiles,
- OEF 72: Multiple Alteration Endorsement, and
- OEF 85: Final Premium Computation Endorsement.
Highlights of Changes
Changes to these forms include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Revised descriptions of benefits;
- Updates to the standard and optional limits;
- Amendments to the "Warning – Offences" language to reflect current federal government legislation;
- Updates to specified regulatory deductibles.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) expects to release the revised OAP 1: Ontario Automobile Policy Owner's Policy, OPF 2: Ontario Driver's Policy and OAP 4: Ontario Garage Automobile Policy, in February, 2016.
Effective Date of the Forms
The revised forms are to be used for all new insurance business and renewals effective on or after June 1, 2016.
How to Obtain the Revised Forms
Copies of the revised forms (OAF 1, OAF 2, Garage Certificate of Insurance – Ontario, OAF 4, OPCF 21A, OPCF 25A, OPCF 3, OEF 72 and OEF 85) are included as attachments to this Bulletin, and are also available on FSCO's website at: www.fsco.gov.on.ca.
Chief Executive Officer and
Superintendent of Financial Services
January 29, 2016