This Bulletin highlights a number of changes and updates to policy forms that primarily reflect the automobile insurance reforms effective June 1, 2016. These new forms are to be used starting June 1, 2016.
Amendments to these forms are based on filed regulation amendments to the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule - Effective September 1, 2010 and Automobile Insurance (R.R.O. 1990, Reg.664) and have been made in consultation with various industry representatives.
The following forms have been revised:
- OAP 1: Ontario Automobile Policy Owner's Policy,
- OPF 2: Ontario Driver's Policy, and
- OAP 4: Ontario Garage Automobile Policy.
Highlights of Changes
Changes to these forms include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Revised descriptions of benefits;
- Updates to the standard and optional limits;
- Amendments to the "Warning – Offences" language to reflect current federal government legislation;
- Updates to specified regulatory deductibles.
Effective Date of the Forms
The revised forms are to be used for all new insurance business and renewals effective on or after June 1, 2016.
How to Obtain the Revised Forms
Copies of the revised forms (OAP 1, OPF 2 and OAP 4) are included as attachments to this Bulletin, and are also available on FSCO's website at: www.fsco.gov.on.ca. In addition, these forms will also be published in an upcoming edition of The Ontario Gazette.
Chief Executive Officer and
Superintendent of Financial Services
February 25, 2016