The Ontario Insurance Commission (OIC) is releasing, with this bulletin, 20 policy change (endorsement) forms that are to be used with these already issued plain-language documents - the Ontario Automobile Policy (OAP 1) and the Ontario Application for Automobile Insurance (OAF 1).
These 20 forms represent the third group of forms that have been released, and now complete the updating of forms associated with the switch to the OAP 1 and OAF 1 documents.
Insurers must inform their brokers or agents of these changes
The first set of policy change (endorsement) was issued on March 11, 1994 through OIC Bulletin 5/94 (this bulletin also contained the OAP 1 and the OAF 1). The second set was issued on March 10, 1995 through OIC Bulletin A-2/95.
Eventually, this third set of policy change (endorsement) forms will be reformatted in plain language. At this time, only minor revisions have been made in this current release of forms.
- All references to "OEF" are updated to read "OPCF".
- All references to "endorsement" are amended to "change form".
- Section references are changed to coincide with the OAP 1.
Automobile insurance companies should begin using these 20 updated policy change (endorsement) forms for new policies issued or renewed on or after June 30, 1995.
Listing of third set of 20 policy change (endorsement) forms
- OPCF 3 - Drive Government Automobiles
- OPCF 4A - Permission to Carry Explosives
- OPCF 4B - Permission to Carry Radioactive Material
- OPCF 5C - Permission to Rent or Lease
- OPCF 5D - Conversion Coverage
- OPCF 6B - School Bus
- OPCF 6C - Public Passenger Vehicles
- OPCF 6D - Driver Training School
- OPCF 6F - Public Passenger Vehicles - Combined Limits
- OPCF 7 - Separate Limits
- OPCF 9 - Marine Use Excluded
- OPCF 21A - Monthly Reporting Basis Fleet
- OPCF 22 - Damage to Property of Passengers
- OPCF 23B - Mortgage
- OPCF 24 - Fire Apparatus
- OPCF 25A - Alteration
- OPCF 29 - Additional Coverage for Named Person(s)
- OPCF 31 - Non-Owned Equipment
- OPCF 44 - Family Protection Coverage
- OPCF 45 - Excess Economic Loss
Use of forms
Please note that the content of these forms may not be altered. In addition, no part of any form can be reproduced or used for any other purposes other than it is intended for.
Forms in different versions
Automobile insurance companies that need a different version of the policy change forms outlined in this bulletin, must file a request with the OIC for approval of a non-standard policy change form using different names and/or numbers. When filing such a request, please indicate to your analyst in the Rates and Classifications Branch at the OIC, which standard form you wish to change.
How to obtain the new forms
Copies of these new forms in English and French are attached to this bulletin. To help you with the reproduction of these forms, we will send you a disk, using PageMaker software. Please send your request by fax to the attention of the Administrative Officer, Corporate Operations Branch, OIC, indicating both the title and the code number of the forms you wish to acquire. The fax number is (416) 590-7070. If you need additional information on these new forms, please contact your analyst in the Rates and Classifications Branch at the OIC.
D. Blair Tully
Commissioner of Insurance
June 1, 1995