Owe Money to the Fund? Driver's Licence Suspended? (Collections Information)

How to Reinstate Your Driver's Licence:

In accordance with section 4 [New Window], 10 & 11 [New Window], a person suspended by The Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF) can make arrangements to have the suspension lifted by following the instructions listed below:

  1. Repay your account with the Fund in full by forwarding a certified cheque, bank draft or money order, payable to the "Minister of Finance” or alternatively you may pay (in person only) by cash, debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express); 
    - OR -

  2. Enter into a satisfactory repayment agreement by fully completing a Repayment Application, which includes:
    • Application for Restoration of Driver's Licence form 
    • Notice of Collection of Personal Information Application for Restoration of Driver's Licence
    • proof of income and expenses (for example, pay stubs, tax return, receipts, etc.)
    • pursuant to Regulation 800 of the Act, the minimum monthly repayment is 10% of the gross monthly earnings or $75 whichever is greater
    • if you are a registered owner of a motor vehicle, you are required to contact your insurance company and request the Financial Responsibility Certificate (Form F5 [PDF Document] Size: ## kb) be filed with MVACF as proof of insurance. Insurers may order these forms directly from Informco by phone: 416-285-3294 OR via email: KSingh@informco.com  
    • It is the insurer's responsibility to notify MVACF in the event the policy is cancelled. This is accomplished by submitting a Form F7 to MVACF
Once MVACF has received and approved all the required documentation, including your first repayment, we will notify the Ministry of Transportation to lift our suspension registered against your driver's licence.

Affidavit in Support of Application for Settlement:

In certain circumstances, section 11.1 [New Window] of the Act provides for accepting partial settlement on outstanding debts. This section of the Act addresses those exceptional and occasional cases where insisting that an individual meet all legal obligations to MVACF would be unrealistic, or would create undue hardship. Proposals for Settlement are reviewed by MVACF's Settlement Committee to determine if they meet the criteria for settlement. 
In such cases, a notarized Affidavit in Support of Application for Settlement form must be completed, and returned to MVACF with the following:
  • copy of last Income Tax return for the most recent taxation year filed with Canada Revenue Agency as well as proof of assets and expenses
  • explanation of why paying the entire debt would cause undue hardship
For more information on Collections, please contact:
Manager, Collections and Administration
Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund
Financial Services Commission of Ontario
5160 Yonge Street
P.O. Box 85
Toronto, ON M2N 6L9
Phone: (416) 250-1422 or
Toll Free: 1-800-268-7188
Fax: (416) 590-7076

Follow FSCO on social media  

Outage Important information about the Canada Post labour disruption


Outage  Scheduled Online Service Disruption Notice
Please consult our outage schedule for more details.