Your mortgage licence will expire effective March 31, 2014
This is a reminder that the licence renewal period for mortgage brokers and agents for 2014-2016, will begin on February 1, 2014. Principal brokers are required to initiate licence renewals for each broker and agent in the brokerage. Licences must be renewed by March 31, 2014.
Your mortgage brokerage will need to initiate a renewal application on your behalf. If you do not receive a renewal application shortly after February 1, 2014, please follow-up with your brokerage.
Application submissions made after March 31, 2014, are not renewals. The new application fee will apply.
Continuing education is mandatory
Once an agent/broker has completed the course, the provider will upload the information to Licensing Link; if the course has not been completed, your brokerage will not be able to submit your renewal application to FSCO. Please visit Licensing FAQs for more information.
Steps to completing a mortgage broker/agent renewal:
- Your brokerage will need to start an application for you.
- You will be sent an email with a link to your application. You must select the link.
- You will need the Pin # that FSCO provided you with on your first application to access the system. If you have forgotten your Pin #, you may reset it by following the instructions on the webpage.
- Complete the application and update your contact information.
- At the end of the application select submit.
- Your brokerage will review your submission and submit the application with payment to FSCO.
If your application has not been submitted to FSCO by 11:59 p.m. by March 31, your licence will expire and you will not be able to work. For further information please visit FSCO's website.