Q63: Am I required to use the PSP for submitting an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment?
A63: No. You have two options for submitting an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment to FSCO. You can:
- submit your application through the PSP; or
- submit a written application to FSCO by mail. –04/13
Q64: What are the benefits of submitting an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment through the PSP?
A64: The PSP’s online application for registering a pension plan amendment will offer you the following benefits:
- Saves you time. If you use the PSP, you only need to answer a few questions about your pension plan amendment and the PSP will automatically fill out the online application for your viewing. This means you don’t need to fill out a paper version of Form 1.1, which is a more time consuming process.
- Checks your application for errors. The PSP will warn you if it detects any drafting errors or omissions in your online application (e.g., forgetting to complete a required field).
- Get immediate acknowledgement of your submission. You won’t need to wait until you get an acknowledgement letter from FSCO to confirm that your application was received.
- Experience a faster approval process. Since the PSP will conduct a preliminary review of your application and accompanying documents, you’ll benefit from a faster, more streamlined approval process.
- View your application and track its progress. The PSP will provide you easy access to any application you submit online. You’ll also be able to check the status of your submission throughout the review process.
- Receive immediate notification. Once your amendment is registered, you’ll receive an email notification from FSCO.
- Download and print your certificate right away. As soon as your Certificate of Registration is available, you can download or print it directly from the PSP. You won’t need to wait for a paper copy to be mailed to you. –04/13
Q65: I would like to submit an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment by mail. What should I do? A65:
If you want to submit your application for the registration of a pension plan amendment by mail, please send the signed and dated amendment, a completed copy of Form 1.1 – Application for Registration of a Pension Plan Amendment
, and any other required supporting documentation, to FSCO at:
Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Attn: Pension Plans Branch
5160 Yonge Street
Box 85, 4th Floor
Toronto ON M2N 6L9 –03/31
Q66: Can any individual submit an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment through the PSP?
A66: Yes. Any individual with a valid PSP account* may submit an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment through the PSP.
* Individuals with a valid PSP account include the Pension Plan Administrator and any individual to whom the Pension Plan Administrator has delegated plan access on the PSP. -04/13
Q67: Where can I find step-by step instructions for submitting an application for the registration of a pension plan amendment through the PSP?
Note: To file electronically, you must first activate your PSP account. –04/13