The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is pleased to announce that the Pension Services Portal (PSP) is now able to accept applications for the registration of pension plan amendments.
Benefits of Registering a Plan Amendment on the PSP
By using the PSP’s new online application for registering a pension plan amendment, PSP users will experience the following benefits:
- Saves you time. If you use the PSP, you only need to answer a few questions about your pension plan amendment and the PSP will automatically fill out the online application for your viewing. This means you don’t need to fill out a paper version of Form 1.1, which is a more time consuming process.
- Checks your application for errors. The PSP will warn you if it detects any drafting errors or omissions in your online application (e.g., forgetting to complete a required field).
- Get immediate acknowledgement of your submission. You won’t need to wait until you get an acknowledgement letter from FSCO to confirm that your application was received.
- Experience a faster approval process. Since the PSP will conduct a preliminary review of your application and accompanying documents, you’ll benefit from a faster, more streamlined approval process.
- View your application and track its progress. The PSP will provide you easy access to any application you submit online. You’ll also be able to check the status of your submission throughout the review process.
- Receive immediate notification. Once your amendment is registered, you’ll receive an email notification from FSCO.
- Download and print your certificate right away. As soon as your Certificate of Registration is available, you can download or print it directly from the PSP. You won’t need to wait for a paper copy to be mailed to you.
Other PSP Functions
Don’t forget that you can also use the PSP to:
- e-file all of your pension plan’s prescribed filings;
- submit filing extension requests for all prescribed filings;
- make a request for re-filing any prescribed filings that were originally submitted through the PSP; and
- update your email address.