IN THE MATTER OF the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8, as amended (the “PBA”);
AND IN THE MATTER of a Proposal of the Superintendent of Financial Services to make an Order under section 69 of the PBA, respecting the Registered Pension Plan for Employees of Ledco Limited Registration Number 339499
Sun Life Financial
227 King Street South
PO Box 1601 STN
Waterloo, ON N2J 4C5
Director of Finance and Administration
1530 Strasburg Road
Kitchener, ON N2R 1E9
Deloitte & Touche Inc.
4210 King Street East
Kitchener, ON N2P 2G5
Trustee in Bankruptcy and Receiver
CAW Local 1524
205 Placeo Court
Toronto, ON M2H 3H9
NOTICE OF PROPOSAL
I PROPOSE TO MAKE AN ORDER under section 69 of the PBA that Registered Pension Plan for Employees of Ledco Limited (the “Plan”) be wound up effective January 19, 2008.
- There was a cessation or suspension of employer contributions to the pension fund.
- The employer failed to make contributions to the pension fund as required by the PBA.
- The employer is bankrupt within the meaning of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (Canada).
- Such further and other reasons as may come to my attention.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A HEARING by the Financial Services Tribunal (the “Tribunal”) pursuant to section 89(6) of the PBA. To request a hearing, you must deliver to the Tribunal a written notice that you require a hearing, within thirty (30) days after this Notice of Proposal is served on you.*
YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE must be delivered to:
Financial Services Tribunal
5160 Yonge Street
Attention: The Registrar
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on a Form for the written notice, please see the Tribunal website at www.fstontario.ca or contact the Registrar of the Tribunal by phone at 416- 590-7294, toll free at 1-800-668-0128, ext. 7294, or by fax at 416-226-7750.
IF YOU FAIL TO REQUEST A HEARING WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS, I MAY CARRY OUT THE PROPOSAL AS DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 16th day of July, 2008.
K. David Gordon
Deputy Superintendent, Pensions
* NOTE - Pursuant to section 112 of the PBA any Notice, Order or other document is sufficiently given, served or delivered if delivered personally or sent by regular mail and any document sent by regular mail shall be deemed to be given, served or delivered on the seventh day after the date of mailing.