IN THE MATTER OF the Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8, as amended (the “PBA”)
AND IN THE MATTER OF a Proposal by the Superintendent of Financial Services to make an Order under section 78(4) of the PBA consenting to a payment out of the Weyerhaeuser Company Limited Employees' Pension Plan (Plan 02) (the Plan), Registration Number 0202549.
Weyerhaeuser Company Limited
925 West Georgia Street
Attention: Robert Gerelus
Director, Pension & Benefits
NOTICE OF PROPOSAL
I PROPOSE TO MAKE AN ORDER under section 78(4) of the PBA, consenting to the payment out of the plan to Weyerhaeuser Company Limited, as at September 7, 2005 in the amount of $12,649.98 plus interest to the date of payment.
- Weyerhaeuser Company Limited is the employer as defined in the Plan.
- As a result of the employer funding the 2005 contributions (current service and solvency payments) on the basis of the January 1, 2002 valuation report, when the valuation report as at January 1, 2005 was filed, such contributions exceeded those required by the new report.
- Evidence of the overpayment to the fund has been submitted to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
- Such further and other reasons as may come to my attention.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A HEARING by the Financial Services Tribunal (the “Tribunal”) pursuant to section 89(6) of the PBA. To request a hearing, you must deliver to the Tribunal a written notice that you require a hearing, within thirty (30) days after this Notice of Proposal is served on you.*
YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE must be delivered to:
Financial Services Tribunal
5160 Yonge Street
Attention: The Registrar
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on a Form for the written notice, please see the Tribunal website at www.fstontario.ca or contact the Registrar of the Tribunal by phone at 416- 590-7294, toll free at 1-800-668-0128, ext. 7294, or by fax at 416-226-7750.
IF YOU FAIL TO REQUEST A HEARING WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS, I MAY CARRY OUT THE PROPOSAL AS DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario, this 23rd day of August, 2007
K. David Gordon
Deputy Superintendent, Pensions
* NOTE - Pursuant to section 112 of the PBA any Notice, Order or other document is sufficiently given, served or delivered if delivered personally or sent by regular mail and any document sent by regular mail shall be deemed to be given, served or delivered on the seventh day after the date of mailing.