What you can expect from our online updates
Our accounts vary in terms of frequency and content, but we usually publish to Twitter a few times a day on weekdays and to Facebook a couple of times a week on weekdays (but not usually on holidays observed in Ontario). We’ll publish helpful information and link you to more detailed information and resources when available.
While we hope our social media is helpful and educational, the things we post are not considered to be definitive advice or legal counsel.
Things to consider
- Accounts will be monitored during normal business hours, unless otherwise specified — during this time we will try to respond to your questions.
- For any matter that is confidential, or too complicated for posting to the public, please contact us according to the specific information on our website.
- Depending on the volume of posts received, we cannot commit to responding to everyone.
- Retweets, favourites, replies and other forms of engagement from FSCO’s social media accounts are not endorsements or support of any one account, brand, entity or individual.
- Although we will work hard to help you, we can’t guarantee that we will understand your question completely or answer it accurately. By contacting us through a social media site, you acknowledge that any response we provide to you through the same site:
- is intended to provide helpful information or resources
- is not considered to be definitive advice or guaranteed to solve your issue.
- Stay on topic. We encourage focused, thoughtful comments and discussion which respond or relate to a particular topic, new initiative or upcoming event. Comments which are not related to our content or attempt to derail the conversation may be removed.
- Be respectful. If you choose to post content, please keep in mind that you must not:
- mislead us or anyone else as to your identity or the origin of the posted content, or falsely claim to represent a person, organization or entity;
- post or transmit any message, content or link to content that:
- you either do not own or do not have the necessary rights to post or transmit;
- is in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right;
- is abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit, profane or otherwise objectionable;
- incites hatred, racism, bigotry or physical harm of any kind;
- is unsolicited or unauthorized, such as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme," or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise);
- is in breach of any confidence;
- includes personal data or information about others; or
- can result in us being liable to anyone else under any intellectual property rights law.
We may not respond to posts that violate any of these rules and we may notify the social media service provider of your violation. If we suffer costs or damages as a result of your violating these rules, we expect you to cover our costs and damages.
While we may moderate posts, we are not required to, nor should you expect that we will take action in response to any content posted on our page or feed. The views expressed by others represent their own views and are not endorsed or approved by us, nor do we endorse or approve any events or other activities posted by a user.
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) supports an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and respectful work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. FSCO employees moderate our social media sites and their contents. Any conduct that is discriminatory or harassing will be removed and the user may be banned from future use of government channels.
We will cooperate with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation due to any content posted and will provide such content and provide information regarding your identity as well as other relevant information.
- Avoid posting personal or confidential information. Our social media accounts are publicly accessible and posts are visible to the public. Therefore, please don’t post any personal information about you or anyone else!
Do not solicit personal information from other users. All or part of any posts containing personal or confidential information (e.g. a person’s home address, health card number) may be removed.
To the extent that we collect any personal information through a social media website, we will handle it according to what we say in our Privacy Statement .
If you choose to communicate with FSCO through a social media channel, please note that we don’t have any control over the social media channel and therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which those organizations collect, use, disclose, secure or otherwise treat your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of any social media platform before providing any personal or other information. Others may not comply with the same privacy laws, policies and practices that we do! Please be careful.
- Use informative links. If you provide external links for citations or advancing discussion through additional information, do not post links to advertising or solicitation content, spam/malware or other irrelevant material.
Links to other websites
We may display links to other websites because they may be of interest to you. Just to be clear, providing a link to them doesn’t mean that we endorse or recommend them to you.
Also, since these other websites are controlled and maintained by other people, we can’t be sure that the link will still work when you click on it or that the service or content is useful, appropriate, virus-free or reliable. Therefore, you need to decide for yourself whether you want to follow any link or to agree to receive or rely on any service or content that is made available to you.
Use of our social media sites and their contents is at your own risk. They and all of their content are provided "as is". You must not rely on any content published on or linked from our social media sites without first making your own enquiries to verify it is accurate, current and complete. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representations, warranties, covenants and conditions, express or implied, arising out of operation of law, course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade or otherwise, including any express or implied warranties and conditions of: merchantability; merchantable quality; fitness for a particular purpose; non-infringement; safety; quality; freedom from defects or that defects will be corrected; uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free use of our social media site; or accuracy, currency, reliability, completeness or appropriateness relating to the content of them.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances will Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontario or the members of the Executive Council and their employees, agents and independent contractors have any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages, and including without limitation to any loss of profit, costs, expenses, harm to business, business interruption, reputation, loss of information or programs or data, loss of savings, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of tangible or intangible property, legal fees or legal costs, wasted management or office time or damages of any kind whatsoever), whether based in contract, tort, negligence or any other legal basis, arising out of or in connection with our social media sites, any linked website or linked social media platform (including without limitation any damages suffered as a result of the use, inability to use or failure of, or any omissions or inaccuracies on, our social media sites, any linked websites or linked social media platforms, or any of the services or content of the foregoing), even if the Financial Services Commission of Ontario has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, or if such damage or loss was foreseeable.
Thank you for helping us foster a respectful exchange of ideas!